Set up a nomination for nominators
- Choose between different templates for nominations
- Appoint the list managers and their deputies
- Export and import nominations
1. Create a template for your candidate proposals
Click on the “Nomination” tab in the Online Voting Manager through which your nominators will be able to nominate the candidates. Give a title to the nomination by clicking on “Untitled nomination template”.
Then go to “Rules”. You can choose between “Self-nomination”, “Nomination by another” and “List nomination”.
- Self-nomination: If your nominees are allowed to nominate themselves, select this option
- Nomination by another: In this case, the persons entitled to nominate may nominate other persons for candidacy.
- List nomination: Here, entire lists with several candidates can be submitted as candidate proposals.
Of course, you can also combine all three procedures in an online nomination in different candidate proposals.
2. Use additional features
Depending on which nomination type you have chosen, you can make further settings under the selection in the "Rules" tab:
Format: If you have decided to use list and nomination by another, you can show or hide the number of columns below the nomination type as well as the column title and - in the case of list nominations - the list name to be specified.
List and self-nominations have additional functions that you can also activate:
- Self-nomination: If you activate the "Substitute nomination" slider, the nominators are obliged to specify a substitute.
- List nominations: If you activate the "Putting forward a list manager is allowed" slider, the nominators have the possibility to enter a list manager. Under "Candidates", enter the maximum and minimum number of candidates that may be nominated per list.
Now you can fill your Nomination with content. To do so, simply click on the respective column that you would like to fill in.
3. Import and export of ballot papers
Export/Import: The candidate proposals can also be uploaded or downloaded as an Excel file. To upload your candidate proposals, you can use our practical Excel template you will find in the "Import and Export" tab in the blue box.
POLYAS tip: Allow your nominators to upload files such as lists with supporting signatures, declarations of consent or information on the candidates! To do so, book the feature "Upload files during nomination", which you can find in the "Features" tab in the Online Voting Manager.
4. Create more nominations manually
To add further candidate proposals to your nomination, simply click on the "+" icon.
Another unnamed candidate proposal will open as well as an overview on the left. Here you can see all the candidate proposals you have created and can change the order by moving the nominations to the desired position by holding down the mouse on the two lines. If you want to delete a candidate proposal, select it and click on the bin icon in the overview.
Use the search field to search for the titles of your candidate proposals.
Click on the slider icon to filter your candidate proposals according to different criteria and find the candidate proposal you are looking for.